
To my recollection the term 'Scary Good' has only been in common use the past couple of years. I suppose a possible definition could be that something (or someone) is so spectacular that it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, like watching a scary movie. Regardless of how the term came about, I reckon the new Metric album is 'Scary Good'. Ridiculously good. Outrageously good. You get the picture. Actually, the album's been out since April and I've been smacking myself for not paying attention until now. I mean, I could have been enjoying it for 8 more months of my life. Whatever.
If you noticed that the 2 albums between Fantasies and Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? have been (what's the right word?), meh, this may hint at the reason why. I just wish that they had written Fantasies before we saw them at Coachella 2008. That would have been the cherry on the icing.
There are musicians which jump to mind when non-Canadians are asked to name 'Canadian' ones and they usually name one of either Bryan Adams or Celine Dion. But seriously, after Fantasies, we should be known for Metric. Cuz they are scary good.

No comments:
Post a Comment