
Thanks to the pirates of the interweb I've been privileged to sample Massive Attack's new album Heligoland, named after the German Archipelago in the North Sea (an archipelago is a chain of islands formed tectonically, according to the almighty Wikipedia). Dark, layered, melancholic yet melodic, this is the album I've been waiting for since Protection. Yes, Mezzanine had its highlights, but Heligoland is just more enjoyable. And isn't that what music is for?
P.S. Hearing the album accurately through my new Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones is eye-opening (or would that be ear-opening?)...the fullness of sound is remarkable.
P.P.S. For all those who may get their panties in a knot (that includes you, Daddy G and 3-D!) cuz I teefed this album, feel free to unknot those panties since I fully intend to pick up the vinyl deluxe album (which includes 6 more tracks, mostly remixes) when it is available (Feb 9th, I believe).

No comments:
Post a Comment